Our rehabilitation program provides therapy services 6 days per week for short-term rehabilitation needs as well as longer-term outpatient rehabilitation therapy. We offer the highest quality of care in physical, occupational, and speech therapy services.
Physical Therapy (PT)
Treatment by physical means and medical devices to relieve pain, restore maximum function, and prevent disability following disease or injury. The Physician will order the therapy and an evaluation will be completed. Treatment goals generally include:
- Increase strength and mobility
- Increase motor control
- Improve coordination, balance, and the ability to walk following a fracture
- Improve overall strength, range of motion and endurance
- Pain management
- Teach proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- Promote safety awareness for the well- being of the resident
Occupational Therapy (OT)
Therapeutic activities assist our residents in adapting to their social and physical environments by helping master tasks essential for daily living. Treatment goals typically include:
- Functional independence- eating bathing, toileting, homemaking, cooking
- Maintenance of wellness- dressing, grooming
- Prevention of further disability- home assessments and modifications, adaptive equipment
- Increasing safety awareness
Speech Therapy (ST)
The treatment programs are directed towards improving communication skills and safe swallowing.
Our speech therapists work to restore the following abilities:
- Improving speech and voice clarity
- Increasing comprehension and verbal expression
- Improving chewing and swallowing ability
- Maximizing cognitive language skills, like memory, problem-solving, and abstract reasoning
The goal of our therapy department is to help you regain your mobility and strength!
Interested in learning more about our Rehabilitation Services? Contact our Social Services Director, Jen Kinyo, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (260)-565-3000.